Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits




Store bought dog treats are expensive, so I've gone to making my own from time to time. Gracie and Glory absolutely love them, and I like the fact that I know exactly what ingredients they contain.

2 cups of whole wheat flour (I have also used unbleached flour.)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter, creamy or chunky
1 cup skim milk (I didn't have skim milk so I used 1/2 cup 2% milk and 1/2 cup water)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, combine peanut butter and milk, mixing well.
Add the milk mixture to the flour and mix well. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. (You could also shape the dough into a log and slice or roll into balls and press with a fork.) Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet to a cooling rack. When cool, store in an airtight container.

For me this recipe yeilds approx 74 biscuits of different shapes and sizes.




No comments:

Post a Comment