Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Now on to Hello Fresh. I love Hello Fresh! I don't have to go the the dreaded grocery store as often and I don't have to plan meals for as many days either. I usually get one to three boxes per month, but you can choose to get one each week or just once a month, or skip a whole month; whatever fits your budget and needs.
I subscribe to the classic plan which includes meat and it costs $69 per box for three meals for two people. The vegetarian plan costs $59 per box for three meals for two people. Family boxes are also offered.
Now, as you can tell from my blog, I like to cook. I don't mind rounding up ingredients to cook a fancy meal, but Hello Fresh is a great go to when things are crazy at home.
Anyway, I will post a more detailed description with the next box I receive. I will show what the meals are and how the box is packed.
If you would like to try Hello Fresh, use coupon code EY6D28 and save $40 off your first box. You can cancel any time by loging into your account.
Labels: Product Reviews
Sunday, January 25, 2015
You can smile now.
Mug Fudge for two:
We've all heard of a mug cake, but what about mug fudge? Well you have now! Mug cakes are okay, but just wait till you try this simple fudge recipe!
1. Get a mug.
2. To the mug add 1 tablespoon milk, 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1 tablespoon real butter(can be cold) and microwave for 20 seconds. Mine looked like this:
Give the mix a good stir and pop it back in the microwave for 20 seconds more. It should look something like this: and yes it will look foamy.
3. Add 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mug. And stir, stir, stir until it's smooth. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Add 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows to the mug.
Now stir more, more, more! The marshmallows will almost completely melt. Sometimes I add a few more if they all melt. I like marshmallow chunks in the fudge. You can also add nuts. Here I added walnuts.
5. Pour out into a container lined with wax paper. Here I used a small plastic food storage container. Spread the fudge to corners and place in fridge to let it set.
6. Lick the spoon and scrape the sides of the mug.
Your welcome! Enjoy.
Sometimes I also add a dash of vanilla, but if you do add it when you add the marshmallows.