Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

*Granny's Peach Pineapple Pie


This is, by far, the best fruit pie you will ever taste. The sweet tangyness of this pie is amazing! I have heard this pie called an Amish pie, but it came to my family through my Granny, Betty Watts. My mother made this pie for our Christmas dinner in the form of a cobbler. Either way, you must try it!

Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium sauce pan heat together:

1 - 16 ounce bag of frozen peaches
1 - 15 ounce can crushed pineapple

To fruit mixture add:

2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix well.
Pour into prepared piecrust and dot mixture with butter. Top with another pie crust and bake at 375 degrees till golden brown and bubbly.
For a pie crust, you can use storebought or make your favorite recipe.
Love ya Granny!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, going to try this right now

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making this pie for Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing!



    ReplyDelete
  3. My 2 favorite fruits, thanks, I will make one soon

    ReplyDelete