Almost everyone I know loves jalapeno poppers, fresh jalapeno peppers seeded and cored filled with a mixture of cream cheese and sharp cheese, wraped in a slice of bacon and grilled or broiled to perfectness, yes those! This dip taste JUST like the stuffed pepper. You will have an "oh my goodness, oh - my - good-ness!" moment when you taste it. It is THAT good.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
What you need:
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup finely diced onion
2 fresh jalapenos, cored and seeded, finley chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
5 strips bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, room temp.
1/2 cup mayo
2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, finley chopped
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheese mixture (sharp/Italian blend)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Heat your oven to 350 degrees and greese a small casserole pan.
1. Set your cream cheese out and allow to come to room temp. At least 2 hours.
2. Start cooking your bacon.
3. While your bacon is cooking, chop your onion, fresh jalapeno peppers, garlic, and pickled jalapenos.
4. Remove crispy bacon from pan to a plate for later. Drain bacon greese from skillet and add 1 tablespoon butter. Allow butter to melt.
5. When butter is melted, add onion, fresh jalapenos, garlic, and cumin. (do not add pickled jalapenos) Cook mixture till the onions begin to soften.
6. While your onion mixture is cooking, in a medium bowl, mix 8 oz. package of cream cheese with 1/2 cup mayo, stir till well combined. Add the sharp and Italian cheese and the chopped pickled jalapenos and mix well.
7. Add the sauteed onion mixture and the crumbled bacon into your cream cheese mix and blend well.
8. Spread the mixture into your prepared small casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese, bread crumbs, and paprika.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till golden on top.
10. Serve with corn chips.