Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Deviled Eggs

This is a favorite around our house, and at Easter when eggs are plentiful it will help use them up. Feel free to experiment with your own favorite additions.

  • 6 hard boiled eggs. 1 tablespoon grated onion (I like sweet onions).

  • 2-3 tablespoons dill relish.

  • 1 tablespoon your favorite mustard (I'm partial to brown mustard).

  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise.

  • 1 teaspoon white sugar.

  • Paprika - I like smoked paprika best but any kind will work, there are many.
Place eggs in a sauce pan. Add enough water to cover eggs. Sprinkle salt in water. Heat rapidly to boiling. Reduce heat; cook 10-15 min. Cool eggs and peel. They peel easier starting at the round end. (esp. farm eggs) Cut eggs in half lengthwise, slip yolks into separate dish. Mash yolks with a fork. Mix in all ingredients except paprika. Add more mayo if mixture too dry. Fill cavities of egg whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly. Sprinkle paprika over deviled eggs to your taste, and chill before serving.

  • Other ingredients to try: finely chopped jalapeƱos, use sweet relish in place of dill relish, horseradish, use different mustards ex.dijon,honey,cajun or plain French’s yellow mustard. This recipe is easy to personalize to your own tastes.

1 comment:

  1. I love deviled eggs! One of my favorite ways to eat eggs. I like it simple. I usually use spicy brown mustard and tabasco sauce. I like to make them the day before serving them. This is one of my favorite food recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete